Tools to enhance your online experience.
Browser extensions are small software applications that enhance your online experience by extending additional features and abilities right in your web browser.
Our SubHub team picked 6 free Chrome browser add-ons whose functionality will help streamline building and maintaining your membership website.
These browser extensions will help you to stay focused, improve your content, design with flare, employ SEO best practises and troubleshoot issues.
1. Get Organised with Todoist for Chrome
Ranked as “the best to-do list right now” by The Verge, Todoist is used by 20 million people to organize, plan and collaborate on projects, both big and small.
Have your to do-list readily available for reference and review. Todoist’s task management tool can be used by individuals and small teams. Prioritise your tasks with drag and drop scheduling. Use Todoist to plan tasks, track progress, set deadlines and effectively manage your productivity.
Use Todoist for Chrome to:
• Add websites as tasks: Add a blog post to your reading list. Save an item to your wishlist. Add work tasks to follow up on.
• Plan your day: Quickly organize your tasks for the day right from the extension.
• Complete tasks from the browser: Once your tasks are done, check them off without switching context.
2. Proofread with Grammarly
Grammarly automatically detects and highlights spelling, punctuation and grammar errors. Keep your membership website content effective and mistake free with this helpful add-on.
New Feature Detect your tone
3. Find the perfect font with FontFace Ninja
FontFace Ninja removes the mystery of typefaces. Identify and inspect web fonts with this handy tool. When you hover over text, a word balloon opens revealing the font family, size and hex color code.
4. Choose your palette with ColorZilla
ColorZilla, one of the most popular Firefox developer extensions with over 5 million downloads is finally available for Chrome!
Use the eyedropper to get the color value of any area on a web page. Copy and paste the hex color code into other programs for the perfect match. Your picked color history is saved for future reference.
✓ Eyedropper – get the color of any pixel on the page
✓ Advanced Color Picker (similar to Photoshop’s)
✓ Ultimate CSS Gradient Generator
✓ Webpage Color Analyzer – get a color palette for any site
✓ Palette Viewer with 7 pre-installed palettes
✓ Color History of recently picked colors
✓ Displays element information like tag name, class, id, size etc.
✓ Auto copy picked colors to clipboard
✓ Keyboard shortcuts
✓ Get colors of dynamic hover elements
✓ Single-click to start color picking (currently only on Windows)
✓ Pick colors from Flash objects
✓ Pick colors at any zoom level
5. Improve your SEO with MozBar
The MozBar toolbar provides instant metric insights while viewing any page or SERP. Access page and domain authority, keywords and link metrics.
Download and Sign in to MozBar
To get started with MozBar:
- First off, download MozBar and install it in your Chrome browser
- Log into your Moz account https://moz.com/login
- Or create a free Moz Community account if you don’t have one yet.
- Locate MozBar ‘M’ icon from the toolbar at the top right-hand side of your browser
- Ensure you have third-party cookies allowed through your browser settings
6. Record your screen with ScreenCastify
This simple to use add-on allows you to capture your entire screen or browser tab. When you’re finished recording, share the video with a Google Drive link or publish it directly to YouTube. Useful when you need to help troubleshoot a member issue with a video
To install any of these extensions to your Chrome browser, go to the Chrome Web Store. Search for the add-on and click Add extension. A representative icon will then appear on the right side of your browser bar. To activate the extension, click on the icon.
Ready to build and launch a membership website? Start one with our free trial today.