Time to get down to business. There are seven steps you need to go through when building a new membership website:
1) Choose a subject area and website name (e.g. www.flyfishing.com).
2) Design the website layout and look and feel
3) Find a technology partner to build the website. Integrate functionality and payment processing.
4) Start creating the content. Add a starting level of content to the premium area of the site, so that early members feel they are getting value for money.
5) Test and launch the website so it is available over the internet
6) Market the website to your target audience with online and offline marketing
7) Continue to add content and communicate with members to create a loyal and happy community.